Cook up something delicious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by Haven at Main, which boasts 1 bedroom apartments in Houston, and put our expansive kitchens to good use!
Let’s face it: It is hard not to love the distinctive flavor of buffalo chicken. Likewise, you’d be hard-pressed to find someone who doesn’t enjoy well-made enchiladas. That’s what makes this recipe for Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas is a must-try in your fully-equipped kitchen. Great for anyone who enjoys Mexican-inspired flavors, this enchiladas recipe is easy to follow and inexpensive to make. Plus, it only takes about 30 minutes to put together, from start to finish. Try it tonight, courtesy of your favorite luxury Houston apartments.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing the pan
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup hot sauce, plus more for serving
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 16 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese dressing
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Mix the chicken, cream cheese, 1 cup of the cheddar, 1/3 cup of the hot sauce, white parts of the scallions and cumin in a large bowl until well combined. In a separate, medium-sized bowl, stir together the butter, remaining 2/3 cup hot sauce and 3 tablespoons water.
- Microwave the tortillas in batches until warm, softened, and foldable, about 30 seconds. Keep warm between damp paper towels.
- Spoon a portion of the chicken mixture down the middle of each tortilla and roll up. Place each rolled tortilla side by side, seam-side down, in the prepared pan. Pour the hot sauce mixture over the tortillas. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup cheddar and the blue cheese and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, 15 to 17 minutes.
- Drizzle the blue cheese dressing over the enchiladas and sprinkle with the scallion greens. Serve with more hot sauce.